BOE (BOILER OPERATION ENGINEER ) SHORT TYPE QUESTION ANSWER FOR EXAMINATION :-
In this article we discussed about short type question answer which is asked in the BOE ( Boiler Operation Engineer ) examination , boiler engineering examination , power plant engineer interview question answer or boiler shift in charge question answer .
1. Thermal power plant with steam turbine operates on……..
a. Carnot cycle b. Otto cycle
c. Brayton cycle d. None of the above
2. Largest loss of boiler is..
a. Blowdown loss b. Heat loss in flue gas
c. Radiation loss d. None of the above.
3. During hot banking , boiler is kept in….
a. Depressurized condition b. Pressurized condition
c. High air flow condition d. Firing condition
4. Thermocouple is used for ……..
a. Measurement of steam flow b. Measurement of differential pressure
c. Measurement of thermal expansion d. None of the above
5. ……….is a energy saving method of any boiler.
a. Damper control of fans b. Duct bypass
c. Speed control of fans d. None of the above.
6. Which condition leads to boiler starvation ?
a. Non availability of load in running boiler b. None availability of coal in running boiler.
c. None availability of feed water in running boiler d. None of the above.
7. Excessive blow down………..
a. Reduce efficiency b. Increase chemical consumption
c. Increase make up water d. All the above
8. Oxygen in flue gas is measured by ………..
a. Orsat apparatus b. Zirconium sensor
c. Bomb calorimeter d. Opacity meter
9. Efficiency of a thermal power plant is roughly………
a. 80% b. 70%
c. 35% d. above 80%
10. 456 Kcal is equal to…………KJ.
a. 250 b. 1908
c. 3027 d. Cannot be changed
BOE (BOILER OPERATION ENGINEER ) SHORT TYPE QUESTION ANSWER FOR EXAMINATION:-
11. When maximum discharged take place, the height of the chimney should be
a. Half the height of a column of hot gases producing draft
b. Equal the height of a column of hot gases producing draft
c. Two times the height of a column of hot gases producing draft
d. None of the above
12. The material used for bull ring segments of bowl mill is
a. High chrome b. Ni hard
c. Low carbon steel d. Both a & b
13. The material used in cold end heating elements of a rotary air pre heater is
a. Low carbon steel b. Alloy steel
c. Corten steel d. None of the above
14. What is the location of radiant superheater in the furnace
a. After re heater b. In secound pass
c. In first pass d. Before economizer
15. The causes of failure of economizer tube due to starvation is called
a. Erosion. b. Long term overheating
c. Short term overheating d. Corrosion
16. The material generally used in water wall is
a. SA210 Grade C b. SA213 T 22
C. SA213T11 D. SA213 TP 347N
17. Incomplete combustion can be best judge by
a. Smokey chimney exit b. Excess air in flue gases
c. Measuring CO in flue gas d. Measuring o2 in flue gas
18. Which chemical is used to remove oxygen
a. Sodium sulphite b. Cyclohexamine
c. Tri sodium phosphate d. None of the above
19. Zeolites is found in a
a. Softener b. Steam drum
c. Feed water heater d. Flue gas analyser
20. The heat which is required to change the phase from water at 100 deg C to saturated steam is called
a. Latent heat b. Sensible heat
c. Superheat d. Specific heat
FILL IN THE BLANKS
1. Air leakage in economizer flue gas is determine by increases oxygen in flue gas.
2. An instrument known as RTD (Resistance thermos detector) is used to measure furnace temperature.
3. The bypass damper on an air heater prevents cold end corrosion at low load of boiler
4. A furnace expansion can be prevented by purging the boiler after failure of ignition during start up of boiler.
5. Boiler feed water is chemically treated to prevent the formation of scale in boiler system
6. Oxygen in boiler water causes corrosion.
7. The chemical lime is used to remove the temporary hardness of water
8. In an operating boiler, the black smoke from the boiler is the result of incomplete combustion.
9. The amount of water evaporated from and at 100 deg C into dry saturated steam at atmospheric pressure is known as Equivalent of evaporation.
10 to ensure good heat transfer in a water tube boiler, the out side of the tubes are kept clean by soot blowing.
STATE WHETHER THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT ARE TRUE OR FALSE
1. Sulfuric acid can be used for regeneration of cation resin in DM Plant.(T)
2. Bicarbonate parts of the temporary hardness of water is removed in degasser.(F)
3. Ammonia is used in feed water to prevent scaling tendency in the boiler system.(F)
4. Chromium added to iron improve high temperature resistance.(F)
5. As per IBR , seamless chromium- molybdenum steel boiler and super-heater tubes for design metal temperature not exceeding metal temperature 577 deg C has the limit of chromium 1.1 to 1.8 % and the molybdenum 0.3 to 0.98 .(T)
6. In super heater the heat received by the working fluid is latent heat and super heat.(F)
7. The presence of silica in the raw water gives an indication of water hardness.(F)
8. The major portion of the heat from the cooling water in cooling tower is removed by sensible heat transfer. (F)
9. The best steam for indirect heating in most industrial process is as dry as possible.(T)
10. So2 emissions in a FBC boiler fired with high sulfur coal are controlled by adding calcium oxide to the bed.(T)
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST “BOE (BOILER OPERATION ENGINEER ) SHORT TYPE QUESTION ANSWER FOR EXAMINATION “PLEASE LIKE , SHARE AND YOU COMMENTS IS VERY VALUABLE SO PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN COMMENT BOX please read once time if any mistake you find in this artical please suggest me through comment box ……..THANK’S
Heii all power engineers myself joginder chauhan . i am the founder of my website www.askpowerplant.com. i am also a power engineer and having the more than 5 year experience in the field of power sectors during this time period i learn about different power technology like AFBC , CFBC , TRAVELLING GRATE , PULSATING GREAT , PF BOILER , WHRS and many more things . my motive from this site sharing my power sector knowledge each and everyone who belonging to this field , in this website i share information related to boiler operation , boiler maintenance , turbine operation & maintenance , boiler & turbine question answer , D.M plant , and all topic related to power plant sector please join this website for latest updation regarding power plant ………..thanks ( JOGINDER CHAUHAN )