How to control Sox and NOx emission in Power Plant
Now these days power industries left huge amount of smoke in the enivorment which causes the air pollution. This smoke is comes out from the boiler chimney in the form of waste flue gases which are generated from the combustion of fuel. These flue gases are contain sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide which cause the air pollution and also effect the human life also . in this article we discussed some methods for how to control Sox and NOx emission in power plant.
Method used in control Sox
1. Switching the low sulphur fuel
2. Desulfurization the fuel
3. Utilizing a flue gas desulfurization ( FGD ) system
4. Combustion control techniques
Fuel desulfurization :-
Which primarily applies to coal , involves removing sulphur from the fuel prior to burning. Flue gas desulfurization involves the utilization of scrubber to remove Sox emission
From the flue gases. Flue gas desulfurization systems are classified as either non – regenerable or regenerable.
1. Non regenerable FGD system, the most common type result in a waste product that requires proper disposal.
2. Regenerable FGD converted the waste by product into a marketable product , such as sulfuric acid. Sox emission reduce 90 – 95 % can be achieved through now these days FGD. fuel desulfurization and FGD is a primarily source of reduction of Sox emissions for large utility boilers. Generally the technology cannot be cost justify on industrial boilers.
3. For users of industrial boilers, utilizing low sulphur fuels is the most effective method of Sox reduction. Beacuse Sox emission primarily depending upon the sulphur content of the fuel, burning fuels containing a minimal amount of sulphur can achieved Sox reduction, without the need to install and maintain expensive equipment.
4. Combustion control techniques
Combustion control techniques reduce the amount of NOx emission by limiting the amount of NOx formation during the combustion process. This is typically accomplished by lowering flame temperatures. Combustion control techniques are more economical than post combustion methods and are frequently utilized on industrial boilers requiring NOx controls.
READ MORE ABOUT BOILER:-
- Advantages of Fluidized Bed Combustion Boilers
- 10 common causes of carry over in power plant
- AFBC ( Atmospheric Fluidized Bed Combustion ) BOILER COLD START UP PROCEDURE
- CFBC boiler process and their advantage over AFBC boiler
- Correct procedure for water filling in boiler
- 12 important things should know during boiler walk down check up
- CFBC (circulating fluidization bed combustion )BOILER PRESSURE PART’S & THEIR FUNCTION
- CAUSE OF BOILER TUBE FAILURE –बॉयलर ट्यूब पंक्चर होने के मुख्य कारण
- FBC ADVANTAGE OVER CHAIN GRATE STOKER BOILER
- BOILER FIRST CLASS ATTENDANT JOB RESPONSIBILITY
- Best waste minimization techniques for any industry
- BOILER’S DEAERATOR WORKING / OPERATION
- Boiler feed pump for power plant operation
- Causes for the pump vibrations
- What is the pump cavitation? Is there any hazards? And how to prevent cavitation?
- BOILER STEAM DRUM SAFETY VALVE
- Cochran boiler Working ,Advantages and Disadvantages
- Emergency shutdown of waste heat boiler
- What is Boiler ? and their classification.
- BOILER REFRACTORY MATERIAL AND THERE REQUIREMENTS
- How to calculate boiler efficiency by Direct Method ?
- Globe valve for power plant industries
- Gate valve for power plant industries
- Control Valve for power plant industries
- Ball valve for power plant industries
- HOW TO DO BOILER ALKALI BOIL OUT DURING BOILER COMMISSIONING
- FEED CHECK VALVE FOR POWER PLANT USED
- Waste Heat Boilers
- POWER PLANT BOILER STEAM DRUM INTERNALS
- Best Tips for Energy efficiency in thermal power plant
- Energy Conservation Method in power plant
Method use to control NOx :-
1. Post combustion method :-
Post combustion method is adopted for NOx emission after formation while combustion control techniques prevent the formation of NOx during the combustion process. Post combustion method is more expensive than combustion control techniques and generally is not used on boilers with input of less than 100 MMBtu/hr. Following is a list of different NOx control methods.
Post combustion control methods include
Selective non catalytic reduction
Selective catalytic reduction
2. Combustion control techniques:-
-Low excess air firing
-Low nitrogen fuel oil
-Water /steam injection
-Flue gas re-circulation
Each method results in a different degree of NOx control. It is assumed that when firing natural gas , low excess air firing typically reduce NOx by 10 % , flue gas recirculation by 75 % , and selective catalytic reduction by 90 %
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST”How to control Sox and NOx emission in power plant” PLEASE LIKE , SHARE AND YOU COMMENTS IS VERY VALUABLE SO PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN COMMENT BOX please read once time if any mistake you find in this artical please suggest me through comment box ……..THANK’S
Heii all power engineers myself joginder chauhan . i am the founder of my website www.askpowerplant.com. i am also a power engineer and having the more than 5 year experience in the field of power sectors during this time period i learn about different power technology like AFBC , CFBC , TRAVELLING GRATE , PULSATING GREAT , PF BOILER , WHRS and many more things . my motive from this site sharing my power sector knowledge each and everyone who belonging to this field , in this website i share information related to boiler operation , boiler maintenance , turbine operation & maintenance , boiler & turbine question answer , D.M plant , and all topic related to power plant sector please join this website for latest updation regarding power plant ………..thanks ( JOGINDER CHAUHAN )