F.S.S.S ( Furnace Supervisory safeguard system ) in boiler controls
in this article we discussed about the F.S.S.S ( Furnace Supervisory safeguard system ) in boiler controls . its provide the safety to boiler during operation time of boiler Furnace Supervisory safety system have verity for providing the facilities remote manual / automatic control of fuel firing equipment through mechanized system suitable interlock / logic’s . It is designed to ensure the execution of a safe, orderly operating sequence in startup and shutdown of fuel firing equipment and to prevent errors of in following such a safe operating procedure
2. F.S.S.S system provides protection against fluctuation of fuel firing equipment and associated air system the safe feature of system are designed for protection in most common emergency situation.
3. Furnace Supervisory safeguard system divided into three main heads
1. Operating and indicating console
this consistent of all switches for initiating controls and also indications of status of all fuel firing equipment and their auxiliaries.
2. Relay and logic cabinets
The cabinets consists of relays, timers , programmers, circuit breakers for AC and DC control suppliers flame scanner unit , number of coal flow units etc. They control the process logic
3. Field Equipment
Field equipment are those which helping actually remote operation of fuel firing equipment and those which provide the status to the operating console and relay logic cabinet.
a. Igniter/ H.O trip valve
b. H.O atomizing steam, scavenging atomizing nozzle valve ( Hydrmotor type )
c. Gun advanced / retract mechanism , oil gun assembly ,igniter and it’s cabinets
d. Flame scanner and igniter air fans
e. Pressure switches , temperature switches , flow switches and limit switches
f. Mill discharged valves , hot air gates , sealing air valves, cold air , tram iron gate etc.
Function of F.S.S.S (Furnace Supervisory safeguard system)
1.To start complete furnace purge when all technological conditions are fulfilled.
2 .To start and monitor igniter
3. H.O guns starting , stopping and supervision
4. Pulverize and feeder starting , stopping and supervision
5. Flame scanner intelligence and checking
6. Furnace flame monitoring and overall furnace flame failure protection
7. To start stop igniter and scanner air fans
8. To effect secondary air damper control with indication of auxiliary and fuel air damper modulation / close.
9. To trip out all boiler fires when boiler safety is threatened
10. To provide boiler trip signal to other equipment such as P.A fan, turbine , Generator etc.
Avoiding Furnace Explosions
Numerous conditions can arise in connection with the operations of a boiler that produced explosive conditions. The most common of these are as follows
1. An interruption of the fuel or air supply or ignition energy to the burners, sufficient to result in momentary loss of flames, followed by restoration and delay re-ignition of an accumulation.
2. Fuel leakage in to an idle furnace and the ignition of the accumulation by a spare or other source of ignition
3. Repeated unsuccessful attempts to light off without appropriate purging , resulting in the accumulation of an explosive mixture.
4. The accumulation of an explosive mixture of fuel and air as a result of flame is at one or more burners in the presence of other burners, operating normally or during lighting of additional burners.
5. The accumulation of an explosive mixture of fuel and air as a result of a complete furnace flame out and the ignition of the accumulation by spark or other ignition source, such as could occur were attempting to light a burners
6.purging with an airflow that is too high which stirs up combustible smouldering in hoppers.
All above conditions has to be avoided to ensure no furnace explosions in any case.
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST “F.S.S.S ( Furnace Supervisory safeguard system ) in boiler controls ” PLEASE LIKE , SHARE AND YOU COMMENTS IS VERY VALUABLE SO PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN COMMENT BOX please read once time if any mistake you find in this artical please suggest me through comment box or if this website contains all original article which are written by me if any article on this site find copyrighted please inform me through at email@example.com……..THANK’S
Heii all power engineers myself joginder chauhan . i am the founder of my website www.askpowerplant.com. i am also a power engineer and having the more than 5 year experience in the field of power sectors during this time period i learn about different power technology like AFBC , CFBC , TRAVELLING GRATE , PULSATING GREAT , PF BOILER , WHRS and many more things . my motive from this site sharing my power sector knowledge each and everyone who belonging to this field , in this website i share information related to boiler operation , boiler maintenance , turbine operation & maintenance , boiler & turbine question answer , D.M plant , and all topic related to power plant sector please join this website for latest updation regarding power plant ………..thanks ( JOGINDER CHAUHAN )