Gate valve for power plant industries
Now these Gate valve is widely used in oil, gas, and power industry. Gate valve is normally used for isolation applications, where only full close or fully open position Gate valve gate movement is at right angel to flow of fluid. Most valves of this kind are designed to be either fully open or fully closed and may not function properly when they are only part-way open. there are two type of gate valve .one is non rising steam type and other is raising steam type ,in non raising type ,steam is threatened on the lower end in to gate . When hand wheel is rotated gate travel up and down .steam remain vertical stationary. In raising steam type valve, steam is raised vertically when the gate valve open.
-A sliding disk slides up and down in and out of the fluid in Gate valve
– Gate valve is good for high pressure drop and high temperature applications where operation is infrequent
-Manual operation or else multi-turn electric actuators are most common in Gate valve
FEATURES OF GATE VALE PARTS:-
Stem: Ensure seal performance and smooth operation
Gland bolt: stud for easy repacking
Art hole: For easy removal of retainer ring
Flexible wedge: Smooth operation with leak tight performance
Sleeve: Can be disassembled without split of yoke and stem
Thrust ball bearing: Easy and smooth operation
Yoke: Two arms design for rigidity and accessibility
Graphite gasket: Excellent sealing performance even under thermal cycling
Bonnet with cooling chamber: Maintains packing at normal temperature
Hard faced seat surface: Resistance to heat, corrosion and erosion
Features of Gate valve :-
- Flexible wedge gate valves are designed for high pressure and high temperature steam applications where tight shutoff and reliable operation are critical.
- flexible wedge gate valves have a low pressure drop.
- The flexible wedge is of one piece and fully guided with cast central hub. It compensates for the distortion of the body seat by thermal cycling and bolt stresses from pipe connections and provides a tight seal in a low differential pressure condition. It also prevents sticking or galling in severe operating conditions.
- The body guide allows true linear operation of the seat face.
- The seat surface of body and disc are overlaid with satellite for reliable operation in a high differential pressure condition.
Gate valve Application:
- Superheater primary desalt
- Superheater Secondary desalt
- Warm water pump pipeline
- Reheater desalt
- Separator outlet pipeline nitrogen charge
- Circulating pump minimum flow rate pipeline
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST “ Gate valve for power plant industries” PLEASE LIKE , SHARE AND YOU COMMENTS IS VERY VALUABLE SO PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN COMMENT BOX please read once time if any mistake you find in this artical please suggest me through comment box or if this website contains all original article which are written by me if any article on this site find copyrighted please inform me through at firstname.lastname@example.org……..THANK’
Heii all power engineers myself joginder chauhan . i am the founder of my website www.askpowerplant.com. i am also a power engineer and having the more than 5 year experience in the field of power sectors during this time period i learn about different power technology like AFBC , CFBC , TRAVELLING GRATE , PULSATING GREAT , PF BOILER , WHRS and many more things . my motive from this site sharing my power sector knowledge each and everyone who belonging to this field , in this website i share information related to boiler operation , boiler maintenance , turbine operation & maintenance , boiler & turbine question answer , D.M plant , and all topic related to power plant sector please join this website for latest updation regarding power plant ………..thanks ( JOGINDER CHAUHAN )