IMPORTANT DO/DON’TS FOR TURBINE /BOILER OPERATION
In this article we discussed about the important points which are kept into the mind every power plant engineer which is comes into shift operation these points are responsible for smooth running of power plant and its operation .these points are categories according to shift vise operation or every week when the plant is in operating condition .
DO EVERY SHIFT
1. Close ESV 15 mm by hand wheel by one and reopen back to full.
2. Check by draining oil from bottom of MOT for checking water / sediment in the oil.
3. Insure that position of emergency governor knob sector (both emergency governor should be in service)
4. Check all vapor exhaust fans are in service
5. Check main oil tank level is normal
6. Dust off the turbine
7. Check the availability of H2O and Co2 bottles
8. Check the quality (moisture, acidity, chemical impurities) in turbines MOT (main oil Tank) once in a day.
9. Check the availability of Diesel generating set.
10. Check the availability of AC & DC lube oil pumps.
11. Check the actuator position it open/closed according to the steam demand or not .
DO EVERY WEEK
1. Take out oil tank filters one by one for routine check up and clean by blowing dry compressed air through them
2. Operate the standby equipments in rotation and no equipment should be kept idle for more than one week.
DO EVERY MONTHS
1. Check the operation of servomotor for forced closing non return valves by operating solenoids valves at reduced loads.
2. Check one by one the full closing of ESV after reducing load.
IMPORTANT DONTS FOR TURBINE OPERATION
1. Don’t start the turbine if the control signaling and protection system are not in working order.
2. During machine on barring gear if rotor eccentricity exceeds 0.07 mm do not roll the turbine.
3. Do not start the turbine with oil temperature at bearing inlet less than 40 degree Celsius.
4. Do not run the turbine on load with control valves servomotor in full open condition.
5. When the shut down carried out do not open the drains on steam admission pipes and cylinders till the metal temperature falls below 200 degree Celsius.
6. Do not allow the turbine to run in the steam less condition for more than 4 minutes.
7. Do not drain the oil, saturated with hydrogen into main oil tank
IMPORTANT DO’S FOR BOILER START UP OPERATION
1. Close start of vent valve main steam stop valve, soot blower line valve, CBD & Blow down valves and other vent valve.
2. Close deaerator and process steam immediately manually.
3. Crack open main steam line drain valve to keep a positive flow from the super heater.
4. Place the boiler immediately under manual control and reset all parameters as per manual operation.
5. Open all fans damper manually to maintain natural draft.
6. Remove ash from the combustion zone by manually scrapping.
7. Remove / clear ash from all ash hoppers manually
8. Close / shut off the fuel supply gates manually
9. Open air pre heater bypass fully manually if provided
10. Reset all electrical controls to stop position to avoid overloading of motors when re- starting.
11. LRSB lance should be outside from the boiler i.e in reset condition.
IMPORTANT DONT’S FOR BOILER START UP OPERATION
1. Do not open CBD and blow down valves
2. Do not open any drain valve except main steam line drain valve before MSSV (main steam stop valve)
3. Do not use steam supply from unit for process
4. Do not put any control in auto mode.
” TELL ME YOUR SUGGESTION INTO COMMENT BOX WHICH POINTS SHOULD BE ADDED INTO THIS ARTICLE OR I AM NOT MENTIONED INTO THIS ARTICLE . I AM VERY GRATEFUL TO YOU “
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST ” IMPORTANT DO/DON’TS FOR TURBINE /BOILER OPERATION “ PLEASE LIKE , SHARE AND YOU COMMENTS IS VERY VALUABLE SO PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN COMMENT BOX please read once time if any mistake you find in this artical please suggest me through comment box or if this website contains all original article which are written by me if any article on this site find copyrighted please inform me through at email@example.com……..THANK’S
Hi all power engineers myself Joginder Chauhan. I am the founder of the website www.askpowerplant.com. I am also a power plant engineer and have more than 10-year experience in the field of power sectors during this time period I learned about different power technology like AFBC, CFBC, TRAVELLING GRATE, PULSATING GREAT, PF BOILER, WHRS, and many more things. my motive for this site sharing my power sector knowledge with each and everyone who belongs to this field, in this website I share information related to boiler operation, boiler maintenance, turbine operation & maintenance, boiler & turbine question answer, D.M plant, and all topic related to power plant sector please join this website for latest updation regarding power plant ………..thanks ( JOGINDER CHAUHAN )