KERALA BOE EXAMINATION PAPER 2018 1-2
Today we shared very important information related to KERALA BOE EXAMINATION PAPER 2018 this information is very useful for who prepared for BOE EXAMINATION and also who want to appear boiler operation engineering examination. BOE EXAM paper -1 consist of two-part, 1 &2 this part contains part-1 eight question and part-2 contain 9 question each of them we attempted only 5 question and paper -2 part-1 consist eight question as well as part –2 . both papers are 100 marks and for passing this examination 50% marks are aggregated.
GOVERNMENT OF KERALA DEPARTMENT OF FACTORIES AND BOILERS BOILER OPERATION ENGINEERS EXAMINATION NOVEMBER 2018
Time: 3hrs PAPER I Marks: 100 Use of steam tables and Mollier chart permitted
Answer all questions Each question carries 5 marks
- State the scenarios in which single drum boilers are preferred?
- A bar of 30 mm diameter is subjected to a pull of 60 kN. The measured extension on a gauge length of 200 mm is 0.09 mm and change in diameter is 0.0039 mm. Find (a) Poisson’s ratio (b) Modulus of elasticity and (c) Modulus of rigidity for the material of test piece.
- With a neat sketch explain the purpose of a fusible plug.
- With the help of a block diagram show the location of air preheater in a boiler plant. What is its function? What is SCAPH?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of two pass boilers?
- Define the following: (a) Balanced draft (b) Induced draught.
- For a steam boiler plant with an economizer installed has hot well temperature of 25 ‘C. The Partial pressure of water vapor in flue gas = 0.1 bar. The temperature of water at the inlet header = 60 ‘C while at the outlet header = 100 ‘C. The Flue gas temperature at inlet = 310 ‘C and at outlet = 160 ‘C. The Air supplied per kg of coal-fired = 16 kg. Assuming specific heat of the gases = 1.05 kJ/kg K, determine the quantity of steam generated per kg of coal-fired.
- What are the various sources of air leakage into a steam condenser? How does it affect the performance of the condensing plant?
Answer any five questions Each question carries 12 marks
- Compare the working and salient features of La-Mont Boiler and Lancashire boiler with suitable diagrams.
10. A load of 300 kN is applied on a short concrete column 240 mm x 260 mm. The column is reinforced by steel bars of total area 6400 mm2. If the modulus of elasticity for steel is 15 times that of concrete, find the stresses in concrete and steel. If the stress in concrete should not exceed 4 N/mm2, find the area of steel required so that the column may support a load of 600 kN.
- What is the function of superheater? Discuss its location in a steam power plant. Describe the construction and working of any one type of superheater with suitable diagram
- With the help of suitable diagrams, compare the working of float type and thermal expansion type steam traps.
- a) Calculate the weight acting on a 75 mm dead weight safety valve working at pressure ot– 14 bar.
- b) Explain the working of high steam and low water safety valve with a neat diagram.
- a) List the factors that needs to be considered before selecting boiler feed pumps. b) What are the advantages and limitations of forced draught?
- “I he following observations refer to a steam plant consisting ofa boiler, economiser and superheater: Steam pressure = 14 bar; mass of steam generated = 5000 kg h; Mass of coal used = 675 kg/h; calorific value of coal = 29800 kJ kg of coal’, Temperature of feed water 130 •c, entering the economizer = 30 “C; Temperature of teed leaving the economiser = ().95. Temperature of steam leaving the dryness fraction of steam leaving the boiler — superheater = 320 ‘C. l)etermine the (l) ()verall efficiency of plant (2) percentage of heat utilized in the superheater.
- Explain the working of low-level jet condenser with the help of a figure. What are the advantages of jet condensers?
Answer all questions (5 marks each)
1.List any five disadvantages Of pulverized coal firing over stoker firing.
2.List any five characteristics Of a good coal pulverizing system.
3.If the static draught produced by a stack is 17.65mm of water, find the height Of chimney for maximum rate of discharge Of hot gas through it. Take temperature Of ambient air as 270C
4. When do Chimney emit blackish smoke, how to ensure proper stack emission?
5. Why river water cannot be used directly in boiler as feedwater?
6. What inspections are needed on the external fitting of Boilers?
7.What is caustic embrittlement?
8.Why we give blow down Of boiler?
Answer any 5 (12 marks each)
9) Sketch and explain spreader grate stoker.
10) Sketch and explain combustion in under feed stokers.
11) Sketch and explain the working of soot blowers and turbulators.
12) Sketch and explain the working of expansion steam trap.
13) How is a mixed bed demineraliser regenerated?
14) What Checks are made on the fireside of Boilers? Discuss the effects if tubes are covered with soot on their fire side.
15) Explain Fluidized bed combustion.
16) Determine the diameter of the chimney used to produce a draught for a boiler which has an average coal consumption of 1800 kg/h and flue gases formed per kg of coal fired are 14 kg. The pressure losses through the system are given below : Pressure loss in fuel bed 7 mm of water, pressure loss in boiler flues = 7 mm of water, pressure loss in bends = 3 mm of water, pressure loss in chimney 3 mm Of water. Pressure head equivalent to velocity of flue gases passing through the chimney = 1.3 mm of water. The temperatures of ambient air and flue gases are 350C and 310’C respectively. Assume actual draught is 80% of theoretical.
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST ” KERALA BOE EXAMINATION PAPER 2018 1-2” PLEASE LIKE, SHARE AND YOU COMMENTS IS VERY VALUABLE SO PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN COMMENT BOX please read once time if any mistake you find in this article please suggest me through comment box or if this website contains all original article which are written by me if any article on this site find copyrighted please inform me through at email@example.com……..THANK’S
(IF YOU WANT TO ASK ANY QUESTION RELATED TO THIS POST PLEASE WRITE INTO COMMENT BOX )
Heii all power engineers myself joginder chauhan . i am the founder of my website www.askpowerplant.com. i am also a power engineer and having the more than 5 year experience in the field of power sectors during this time period i learn about different power technology like AFBC , CFBC , TRAVELLING GRATE , PULSATING GREAT , PF BOILER , WHRS and many more things . my motive from this site sharing my power sector knowledge each and everyone who belonging to this field , in this website i share information related to boiler operation , boiler maintenance , turbine operation & maintenance , boiler & turbine question answer , D.M plant , and all topic related to power plant sector please join this website for latest updation regarding power plant ………..thanks ( JOGINDER CHAUHAN )