MOST IMPORTANT TURBINE OPERATION QUESTION ANSWER:-
Hello ! power engineers today we discussed about the MOST IMPORTANT TURBINE OPERATION QUESTION ANSWER . these question answer is helpful for those who worked as a turbine operation engineer and who want to know more about the turbine operation . turbine is critical component of any power generation plant because its consist very critical component like thrust pad , blades , bearing etc. which takes extra care during start up of the turbine . these question answer help us the our readers know more about the turbine operation. lets discussed the question answer in detail way
Q. What are the damages if the temperature of main steam at turbine with no change but the pressure of main steam being too high?
Ans. (1) Steam moisture increase at the terminal stages will worsen the working condition of the blades on those stages thereafter bringing cumulative water washing.
(2) as the pressure of main steam increases, the enthalpy drop of the regulating stage will increase, resulted in the over-load of the moving blades.
(3) if the pressure of the main steam is excessively high, the stress on main steam bearing parts will increase, resulted in the shortened lifetime with the deformation possibility and parts damage if any.
Q. What are the hazards if the pressure of main steam at turbine with no change but the temperature of main steam being too high?
Ans. (1) Enthalpy drop of the regulating stage increasing may cause the moving blade of the regulating stage being overloaded.
(2) the working temperature of the high thermal components excesses the permissive working temperature resulted in the loosening of the fixed fittings at the main steam door, turbine cylinder and HV bearing seal therefore causing component damage and the life cycle reduction.
(3) Enlargement of heat expansion and heat deformation at the heating components.
Q. What are the devices that consists of the lubrication oil supply system of the turbine?
Ans. It mainly consists of main oil pump, oil ejector, auxiliary oil pump, AC oil pump,DC oil pump, oil cooler, oil filter, oil tank and filting screen.
Q. What are the functions of each oil pump in the lubrication system?
Ans. The main oil pump is installed co-axially with the turbine rotor, which is of large flow rate, low outlet pressure and stable oil pressure. In other words, the lift-flow curvature is slow and stable in order to ensure stable oil supply to the turbine regulating system and bearing tile under variable working conditions. The main oil pump is avail of self-absorption, when under normal running, requiring 0.05－0.1Mpa pressure oil supplied from the oil ejector to the inlet of the main oil pump.
When the rotor is static or being started up, the auxiliary oil pump is working as the substitute of the main oil pump. Start up the auxiliary oil pump prior to the the turbine start-up supplying oil to the regulating system until reached the working speed. Shut off the auxiliary oil pump and standby.
When the unit is normal running, lube oil is supplied from the oil ejector to the unit; When the unit is starting up with fault at the oil ejector, put in the AC oil pump to ensure the noraml supply of the lube oil.As for the DC oil pump, when the plant power is disabled, or fault at the auxiliary oil pump, shall be put in to ensure the successful shutdown.
Q. Describe working principle of the oil ejector.
Ans. When the pressure oil sprayed out of the nozzle at a high speed, by the entertainment of the free jet fluid carried from the oil tank after screened to the divergent pipe. Then after speed reduction and pressure rise by the divergent pipe, exhaust along the divergent pipe at a certain oil pressure.
Q. What are the reasons for the oil level reduction in the oil tank under the normal running conditions?
Ans. (1) Severe oil leakage at the pressure oil pipe or copper pipe of oil cooler in the oil system.
(2) Severe oil leakage at the oil discharging gate of the oil tank or the non-pressure oil pipe.
(3) Reduction of the oil temperature and contraction of the oil volume
(4) Water discharging at the oil tank or oil filter running (slight leakage at the oil copper pipe of the oil cooler and the equipment joints and interfaces of the oil system will cause the slow and gradual daily reduction.)
Q. Why is it necessary to configure the over speed device?
Ans. Because the turbine is the high speed rotating equipment with the centrifugal force of the rotating part in direct proportion with the square of the speed, that is, the centrifugal force will quickly increase as the rotation speed increases. When the rotating speed of the turbine excess 1.5 times of the rated speed stress, the parts fixed according to the different stress will loose and will damage when the centrifugal force over the permissive strength of the materials. Therefore, it is necessary to set the over speeding protection device, which is efficient to trip the unit if the speed over 9％—11％ of the rated speed and shut down the turbine.
MORE ARTICLES ON TURBINE
- Woodward 505 governor controlling / operation
- Types of cooling towers used in power plants
- Calculating performance of Steam Turbine,Overall Plant,Gas Turbine and Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG).
- Induced Draft cooling tower for power plant
- Why we need condensing turbine vacuumize before cold startup ?
- RESIN BEHIND DROPPING CONDENSER VACUUM
- FUNCTION OF OIL PUMPS IN TURBINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
- FUNCTION OF EACH OIL PUMP IN TURBINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
- FUNCTION OF STEAM JET EJECTOR IN STEAM TURBINE
- Situations in which need to urgently shut down of stem turbine
- TURBINE THRUST BEARING AND IT’S FUNCTION
- STEAM TURBINE JOURNAL BEARING AND IT’S FUNCTION
- Turbine Rotor critical rotation speed
- Type of emergency in steam turbine
- Function of turbine steam cylinder in turbine operation
- Working principal of steam turbine
- Classification of the steam turbine
- FUNCTION OF GLAND STEAMING IN TURBINE OPERATION
- FUNCTION OF LABYRINTH PACKING IN STEAM TURBINE
- Difference between the Impulse and Reaction turbine
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST “MOST IMPORTANT TURBINE OPERATION QUESTION ANSWER” PLEASE LIKE , SHARE AND YOU COMMENTS IS VERY VALUABLE SO PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN COMMENT BOX please read once time if any mistake you find in this artical please suggest me through comment box or if this website contains all original article which are written by me if any article on this site find copywrited please inform me through at email@example.com……..THANK’S
Hi all power engineers myself Joginder Chauhan. I am the founder of the website www.askpowerplant.com. I am also a power plant engineer and have more than 10-year experience in the field of power sectors during this time period I learned about different power technology like AFBC, CFBC, TRAVELLING GRATE, PULSATING GREAT, PF BOILER, WHRS, and many more things. my motive for this site sharing my power sector knowledge with each and everyone who belongs to this field, in this website I share information related to boiler operation, boiler maintenance, turbine operation & maintenance, boiler & turbine question answer, D.M plant, and all topic related to power plant sector please join this website for latest updation regarding power plant ………..thanks ( JOGINDER CHAUHAN )