MOST IMPORTANT TURBINE QUESTION ANSWER YOU SHOULD NEVER KNOW
Hello ! power engineers today we discussed about the MOST IMPORTANT TURBINE QUESTION ANSWER YOU SHOULD NEVER KNOW . these question answer is helpful for those who worked as a turbine operation engineer and who want to know more about the turbine operation . turbine is critical component of any power generation plant because its consist very critical component like thrust pad , blades , bearing etc. which takes extra care during start up of the turbine . these question answer help us the our readers know more about the turbine operation. lets discussed the question answer in detail way
Q. 1 What is the overheat degree of the steam? Are there any impact for the steam overheat degree from the steam pressure variation?
The overheat temperature which exceed the steam pressure saturation temperature data was called the overheat degree of the steam. Different steam pressure is correlative with different saturation temperature, what’s more, the higher the steam pressure is while the higher figure the saturation temperature would be. Eventually, the overheat steam can transformed into saturation steam or wet steam under the same steam temperature but higher steam pressure. In contrast, the steam overheat degree will be increased if the steam pressure decreased.
Q. 2 How many start up methods applied for the turbine?
In terms of the front cylinder wall temperature:
(1) Cold start up, If the time between restart and the former stop time is 2 hours;
(2) Hot start up, if the duration exceeds 2 hours.
Q.3 Generalize the start up procedure for the T/G set.
The new steam pressure which is at the front of the cold start constant close damper will keep as rated data during the whole start up process. The startup procedure include main steam pipeline warm up and preparation, actuate he rotor to speed up, synchronized with load in rated speed, etc.
Main steam pipeline warm up and preparation: cold main steam pipeline was heat up to the status same as the new steam by the high temperature and high pressure new steam was called main steam pipeline warm up. During the warm up procedure, preparation, condenser circulating water, condensing water pump start up, vacuumize, shaft seal working, lube-pile system checking, start turning device continuous start up.
Actuate rotor and warm up and speed up: rotor actuation utilize the regulation valve, to which is conform to the characteristics of the such machine set. After rotor actuated, the control rotor speed perform the low and medium speed respectively to warm up;
Rated speed with load synchronization: turbine rotation speed rated as 3000r/min, electric perform the synchronization, machine set synchronized and loaded to warm up. Loaded warm up shall strictly control the load rising speed. T/G set loaded until rated output.
Q.4 what sort of data must meet the requirements during the turbine actuation?
During the turbine actuation process, the following data shall meet the requirements:
(1) Main steam pressure, temperature and overheat degree;
(2) Vacuum inside the condenser;
(3) Lube oil temperature;
(4) Speed adjusting oil pressure, lube oil pressure;
(5) Axial move data within the normal range.
Q.5 why we shall vacuumize before condensing turbine cold start?
There are much air inside the turbine before cold start, if the vacuumize procedure does not performed; the following dangers will be resulted:
(1) A great deal of steam quantity was in need to cope with the friction resistance and rotor inertia from the shaft so as to increase the driven power to the blade;
(2) Because of the air existence within the cylinder, the steam outlet temperature was raised up by the end blade blast friction;
(3) Because of the air existence within the condenser which weaken the heat-water transformation efficiency and cause the temperature raise and the cylinder metal deformation and condenser copper pipe leakage;
(4) Because of the non condensing air, the pressure was raised for the turbine steam outlet and caused condenser to safety adjusted.
In conclusion, the vacuumize procedure shall be performed before condensing turbine started.
Q.6 Why the steam supplement for the shaft seal is forbidden during the stillness status?
When the rotor stabilized, partly heated will result in the hot bending for big shaft, because of the shaft seal flow teeth and the shaft are so close to each other, if bending incident occurred, the movement part will be resulted into friction. So it is forbidden to send steam to the shaft seal during the rotor stillness status, so before send steam to the shaft seal, the turning device shall be started ahead.
Q.7 Why there need not too high vacuum during the turbine cold start up procedure?
If the vacuum reaches too high during the turbine cold start, the turbine a quantity need will be much smaller, to which pay some disadvantages to the turbine cylinder warm up process and prolong the start up duration. If the vacuum stay low, the steam inlet quantity will be increased so that achieve the purpose of quick warm up. ctuation inlet steam
Q.8 Are there any concerning points when sending the steam to shaft seal before turbine start up?
(1) Pipeline warm up shall be handled before sending the steam to shaft seal so that the water drainage can be smoothly done;
(2) Steam sending shall be handled during the continuous turning device working status, hot start shall send steam to the shaft seal first and vacuum afterwards;
(3) The timing of steam sending procedure to shaft seal shall be appropriate, if early, it may result in the temperature variation raise.
MORE ARTICLES ON TURBINE
- Woodward 505 governor controlling / operation
- Types of cooling towers used in power plants
- Calculating performance of Steam Turbine,Overall Plant,Gas Turbine and Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG).
- Induced Draft cooling tower for power plant
- Why we need condensing turbine vacuumize before cold startup ?
- RESIN BEHIND DROPPING CONDENSER VACUUM
- FUNCTION OF OIL PUMPS IN TURBINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
- FUNCTION OF EACH OIL PUMP IN TURBINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
- FUNCTION OF STEAM JET EJECTOR IN STEAM TURBINE
- Situations in which need to urgently shut down of stem turbine
- TURBINE THRUST BEARING AND IT’S FUNCTION
- STEAM TURBINE JOURNAL BEARING AND IT’S FUNCTION
- Turbine Rotor critical rotation speed
- Type of emergency in steam turbine
- Function of turbine steam cylinder in turbine operation
- Working principal of steam turbine
- Classification of the steam turbine
- FUNCTION OF GLAND STEAMING IN TURBINE OPERATION
- FUNCTION OF LABYRINTH PACKING IN STEAM TURBINE
- Difference between the Impulse and Reaction turbine
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST “MOST IMPORTANT TURBINE QUESTION ANSWER YOU SHOULD NEVER KNOW” PLEASE LIKE , SHARE AND YOU COMMENTS IS VERY VALUABLE SO PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN COMMENT BOX please read once time if any mistake you find in this artical please suggest me through comment box or if this website contains all original article which are writeen by me if any article on this site find copywrited please inform me through at email@example.com……..THANK’S
Heii all power engineers myself joginder chauhan . i am the founder of my website www.askpowerplant.com. i am also a power engineer and having the more than 5 year experience in the field of power sectors during this time period i learn about different power technology like AFBC , CFBC , TRAVELLING GRATE , PULSATING GREAT , PF BOILER , WHRS and many more things . my motive from this site sharing my power sector knowledge each and everyone who belonging to this field , in this website i share information related to boiler operation , boiler maintenance , turbine operation & maintenance , boiler & turbine question answer , D.M plant , and all topic related to power plant sector please join this website for latest updation regarding power plant ………..thanks ( JOGINDER CHAUHAN )