TOP 30 ENERGY SAVINGS TIPS FOR POWER PLANT ENGINEERS
Today we discussed about a very important topic of power plant and as well as energy sector , which is energy saving opportunity in these sectors. Now these days every industry invest a huge capital in the field of energy saving . Energy saving reduced the cost of plant Operation as well as also optimize the efficiency of plant. Here we are discussed most important energy saving tips which surely reduced the cost of plant Operation and also helps us for saving energy.
1. Inspection for scale and sediment on the water side
( A 1 mm thick scale on the water side could increase fuel consumption by 5 to 8% )
2. Inspect door gasket
3. Optimize deaerator venting
4. Use boiler blow down to help warm the back up boiler.
5. Optimize/ automate boiler blow down recovery boiler blow down heat.
6. improve oxygen trim control ( e.g limit excess air to less than 10% on clean fuels )
( 5% reduction in excess air increase boiler efficiency by 1% or 1% reduction of residual oxygen in stack gas increase boiler efficiency by 1 %)
7. close burner air and or stack dampers when the burner is off to minimize heat loss up the stack.
8. Inspect oil heaters for proper oil temperature
9. Clean burners, nozzles strainers etc.
10. Insulate exposed heated oil tanks.
11. Burn wastes if permitted.
12. Preheated Combustion air with waste heat
( If 22 deg. C reduction in flue gas temperature increase boiler efficiency by 1 % )
13. Schedule boiler efficiency – maintenance program. Start with an energy audit and follow up , then make a boiler efficiency maintenance program a part of your continuous energy management program.
14. ensure condensate is returned or reused in the process 6 deg.c raise in feed water temperature by economizer condensate recovery corresponds to a 1% saving in fuel consumption in boiler.
15. Check steam Traps operation according to scheduling.
16. Recover blow down losses.
17. Preheated boiler feed water.
18. Remove or blank off all redundant steam piping.
19. reduced hot water wastage to drain.
20. Maintain powder acceptable process steam pressures.
21. Ensure process temperature are correctly controlled
22.use more efficiently stem desuperheating methods.
23. Use back pressure steam turbines to produced lower steam pressures.
24. Accumulate work orders for repair of steam leaks that can’t be fixed during the heating season due to system shutdown requirement. Tag each such leak with a durable tag with a good description.
25. fix steam leaks and condensate leaks
( A 3mm diameter hole on a pipe line carry 7 kg/cm2 steam would waste 33 kilo liter of fuel oil per year.)
26. Established a steam efficiency maintenance program. Start with an energy audit and follow up then make a steam efficiency maintenance program a part of your continuous energy management program.
27. Use electrical pump instead of steam ejector when cost benefits permit.
28. Use absorption chiller to condense exhaust steam before returning the condensate to the boiler.
29. Use waste steam for water heating.
Consider recovery of vent steam ( e.g – on large flash tanks )
30. Inspect steam Traps regularly and repair malfunctioning Traps promptly.
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST “TOP 30 ENERGY SAVINGS TIPS FOR POWER PLANT ENGINEERS ” PLEASE LIKE , SHARE AND YOU COMMENTS IS VERY VALUABLE SO PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN COMMENT BOX please read once time if any mistake you find in this artical please suggest me through comment box or if this website contains all original article which are written by me if any article on this site find copyrighted please inform me through at email@example.com……..THANKS
Heii all power engineers myself joginder chauhan . i am the founder of my website www.askpowerplant.com. i am also a power engineer and having the more than 5 year experience in the field of power sectors during this time period i learn about different power technology like AFBC , CFBC , TRAVELLING GRATE , PULSATING GREAT , PF BOILER , WHRS and many more things . my motive from this site sharing my power sector knowledge each and everyone who belonging to this field , in this website i share information related to boiler operation , boiler maintenance , turbine operation & maintenance , boiler & turbine question answer , D.M plant , and all topic related to power plant sector please join this website for latest updation regarding power plant ………..thanks ( JOGINDER CHAUHAN )