Top 50 Boiler Information Booster Question Answers
Top 50 Boiler Information Booster Question Answers
Today we are discussed about the” top 50 boiler information booster question answers “ these question is very helpful for those who worked in power plant as a boiler first class , boiler operator , boiler fireman , boiler operation engineering , energy manager or as a energy auditor these question answers are selected by the well experienced persons which worked into power sector in the different states of India .these question answers are also helpful for those who preparing for job interview in different power sector or other power plant examination . this article is also helpful for those who finding the question answers related to boiler questions and answers Hindi , boiler operator interview questions ,boiler exam questions free ,steam boiler question and answer pdf ,boiler questions and answers free download ,boiler objective questions and answers ,interview questions on boiler and turbine ,2nd class boiler operator question and answer . Hope this article is very helpful for you after reading these questions answer please gives your feedback into comment box.
1. Gauge glass is used for to see how much water is in the boiler.( True )
2. What is the purpose of a safety relief valve on the boiler?
Ans. safety relief valve is used to relieve the boiler pressure when it exceeds the MAWP (maximum allowable working pressure) and thereby prevents an explosion.
3. What is an induced draft?
Ans: when the fan on the exhaust side of boiler pulling air through the boiler.
4. A steam trap is a device used to release condensation and hold steam in a radiator or return line. (True)
5. State that it is true or false when a pressure relief valve open when the MAWP is exceeded by 6%?
6. A boiler operator operating a boiler that he knows is unsafe may, or may NOT have his license officially canceled. (False)
7. Which type of material is used for boiler gaskets?
Ans.: Asbestos or Neoprene
8. The main purpose of draining the glass gauge is to verify that the pipes to the gauge are clean and open. (True)
9. Water is changed to steam by:
Ans. The application of heat.
10. A safety device used to cut fuel to the boiler when the water level falls below a safe level.
Ans. Low-water cut-off (fusible plug)
11. The three most common fuels used in boilers are:
Ans.: Coal, gas and oil and biomass also.
12. A high-pressure steam boiler operates at a pressure above 15 psi. (True)
13. In a fire tube boiler the heat and gases of combustion pass through the tubes. (True)
14. State the resin behind why cold start up of boiler takes slowly?
Ans.: To allow the boiler to expand uniformly (thermal expansion) under the action of the increasing pressure.
15. Regardless of the type of fuel being used, before lighting a boiler during a cold start-up, the operator must first:
Ans. Check for the correct water level inside the drum level.
16. As boiler steam pressure increases, there is a corresponding increase in the:
17. Incomplete combustion can be caused by:
Ans.: insufficient air supply to the fuel as it is being burned.
18. with the respect to the law of Boiler regulation Any operator found
operating a boiler without a certificate issued by the Boiler Inspection Division, or operating a boiler knowing it to be defective shall:
Ans: Have his license officially canceled at once
19. The three types of drafts are:
Ans: Induced, Forced and Natural
20. In a water tube boiler, the heat and gases of combustion pass around the tubes.(True)
“You are reading article (top 50 boiler information booster question answers) on website www.askpowerplant.com”
21. What is the name of valve which is installed between the boiler and the return pump?
Ans.: Check Valve NRV (Non Return Valve)
22. What is the function of the check valve?
Ans: To prevent the water from returning to the condensation tank from the boiler after the pump shuts off.
23. What are the four main safety features required on the steam boiler are:
Ans: Safety relief valve, blow-down valve, low water cut-off, and pressure gauge
24. Safety relief valves should be set by:
Ans: Qualified safety valve technician/firm
25. Which pressure is considered to be that of a low-pressure boiler?
Ans: 0 – 15 PSI MAWP (maximum allowable working pressure)
26. What happen when a steam valve is opened quickly?
Ans: Water could be siphoned out of the boiler causing damage to boiler and steam lines.
27. Why is steam lines insulated?
Ans: To prevent loss of heat during steam transfer.
28. What operating pressure indicates a high-pressure boiler?
Ans: 16 PSI and above
29. A steam valve should be opened slowly.( True )
Top 50 second class boiler operator question and answer
30. Improper mixtures of gas and air cause soot in boiler flues. (True )
31. A low-water cut-off device does not affect the fuel to the boiler when the water level drops.
32. Valves on the water column to check the accuracy of glass gauge and determine the water level in a boiler, when glass gauge is suddenly broken are called:
Ans: Gauge cocks
33. You cannot check a safety relief valve by opening it at full working pressure.
34. A boiler is used for what purpose?
Ans: To produce steam or hot water for heat
35. The three most common fuels for firing boilers are coal, gas and oil. (True )
36. The parts of a high-pressure boiler containing pressure (not fitting or appliances) are made out of:
37. The primary function of a boiler is to:
Ans: Produce steam
38. Water will boil and turn to steam at 212º degrees F at atmosphere pressure.(True )
39. Main two types of boilers are:
Ans: Fire tube and water tube
40. The three requirements for combustion are:
Ans: Fuel, heat and oxygen
Top 50 boiler operator interview questions
41. What is a water injector (feed pump)?
Ans: A mechanical device for forcing water into a boiler against high pressures. Injector pump is used into super critical boilers
42. What is the purpose of a baffle wall in a boiler?
Ans: To distribute flame evenly
43. If a boiler is not kept clean internally, scales will form and cause the boiler not to blister. (False )
44. A boiler operator must have the following number of month’s on-the-job training before he can take the operator’s examination.
Ans: 6 months minimum
45. Water boilers at what temperature?
Ans: 212ºF (100 deg.C)
46. The minimum capacity of any closed vessel which generates steam under Indian Boilers Regulation Act is 22.75 liters
47. If you went into a boiler room and the fire was on, and there was not water in the boiler, you should immediately add water to the boiler. (False)
48. In a fire tube boiler the water flows through the tubes. (False)
49. In a water tube boiler the fire passes through the tubes. (False)
50. What are the two basic types of boilers?
Ans: Fire Tube: – In fire tube hot flue gases are kept inside the tube and water kept outside the tube .fire tube boiler are small in capacity And in water tube boiler water inside the tube and hot flue gases are outside the tube. Water tube boilers are large in capacity.
READ MORE :-
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST “Top 50 Boiler Information Booster Question Answers” PLEASE LIKE , SHARE AND YOU COMMENTS IS VERY VALUABLE SO PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN COMMENT BOX please read once time if any mistake you find in this artical please suggest me through comment box or if this website contains all original article which are written by me if any article on this site find copyrighted please inform me through at [email protected]……..THANK’S